Sunday, July 6, 2014

5th of July - The Day After When It Doesn't Rain. This is Crandall's I Ate Too Much Face #Hurting

This is me watching the World Cup, I think. On Friday, I grilled vegetables and stuck indoors for the most part. Yesterday, however, after mowing, running, cleaning, organizing, writing, planning, and thinking, I chose to go to a graduation party with pulled pork, chicken, beer, potatoes, spring rolls, and dessert. I was done after the first plate but somehow Thanksgiving got into me sprinkled with a little Easter and Christmas. I ate until I wanted to puke.

I hate when I do this, but in my head I said, "Well, it's a holiday."

And this coming from a guy who wanted to try fasting with Abu and Lossine for Ramadan. I couldn't do it. In fact, I ate 7 hours ago and I'm still burping up cold slaw and pesto pasta.

Of course, this is all while watching Netherlands win in penalty kicks against Costa Rica. They're running and sweating their guts out and I am stuffing mine with everything the party had to offer.

Perhaps this is what the 4th of July is really about - well, the 5th, anyway. Food comas before the fireworks.

Speaking of - they were beautiful last night and I could see them out my front window. Then again, I may have been hallucinating them from all I ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment