Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I know it's supposed to snow again, but I'm counting on sunshine and warmth this week

"A day without sunshine is, you know, night" - Steve Martin
Without the sun, we don't have heat. Without warmth, things don't grow. I need sunshine and I need heat soon - bring it on and melt all this crap away. I feel like I'm stagnating.

Okay, I just ranted my traditional gripe about winter in the northeast, and I'm sure it's far from over, but I needed to get it out of my system. Yesterday was cold, but it had blue skies. I got outside and stretched. I need more of that.

I'm afraid the snowstorm today will pinch me back into a bad mood...snowblowing...driving and doubtful cancelations. I don't mind winter; it's just I'm ready for the ease of not having to work so hard to get out into the world (well, out of my driveway). when I want to go.

Yet, I know, it takes sun to spark growth and creativity. Let this system blow on through. Then let the sun come out and cause floods. At least then I know, life will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment