Monday, February 17, 2014

Shout Out To My Twin Sister Separated At Birth and 8 Years Older (Cupcake Queen 4Ever) @pamelaMarieKell

It is the day after celebrating my 42nd year of having life, and it turned out to be one of the best birthdays ever. This resulted from the love of my family, friends, and co-workers throughout the day. FaceTime, too, made it possible to be with Syracuse kin while opening gifts and I love all my toys, gift cards, and salsa (which I will use to cook for friends in Connecticut).

I'm especially thankful to my twin, Pam - although we were born on separate days to different moms several years apart. To the right is one of the several owl cupcakes she baked in honor of my birthday. They were fantastic. In addition to the deliciousness and wittiness of her creative baking, though, she arranged a one-of-a-kind brunch for me and our friends at the Red Barn in Westport. It's been 16 hours since I last ate and I am still stuffed.

Yes, I am entering the 17th, today, as a 42-year old who is feeling extremely blessed to have had the multiple experiences of my life from living in three states, teaching around the world, and being connected with an eclectic entourage of others. Sometimes I think about this miraculousness - this universe - and how all the energies and spirits are sometimes harnessed in particular carcasses to be intertwined during one lifetime. For me, this is proof that there's something else in control...The Great Whatever.

Although 2014 is focused on Kreativitet  and Kuumba, at the core of everything I believe remains Ubuntu. I truly am me because of us together. Yesterday, however, Pamela Kelly made the festivities extra special and I'm thankful for every ounce of her humorous, fun-loving soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment