Saturday, April 26, 2014

Giving Birth To the Preparation - Ready for Two Sessions Today at #IWPUSN14 @writingproject

For several years, my dear friend Aletha Fields in Kentucky - poet, teacher, and spoken word phenomenon - has wanted me to give her a baby. I saw this yesterday at the Chicago Institute of Art, a Miro painting, and I thought, "hmmm, I should give this to her."

I imagine this is what our love child would look like.

Actually, the love child will be given in two sessions today at the Urban Sites Network conference in Chicago. First, the ten-minute play festival will be shared with its recent renaissance in Bridgeport, Connecticut, and second, the Writing Our Lives movement, born in Syracuse, will be shared in the afternoon.

The Connecticut entourage has it all together and we simply need to be sure we get up in time to catch the bus to Loyola University. The facilities are great and I'm looking forward to sharing two of my babies with the Chicago crowd.

Neither look like this child, though. This, I feel, is a complete replica of my baby photos. It's like looking in a mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment