Sunday, October 12, 2014

Contemplating Empty Space and Open Horizons When Suddenly Time Gives You A Location To Be Free

Bryan's Saturday Night
Busy. That is a Crandall norm. I'm so busy, that I rarely have time to think about how busy I actually am.

I have my routines, and the lists I create are enormous, but sometimes I am able to cross items off.

And that is why my Saturday threw me upside down on the roller coaster of life. I chiseled out a 14 hour marathon to finish two reporting projects, and aimed to free myself for an evening dinner - should the opportunity present itself.

Well, the dinner was canceled because others were brought down by their own frantic life. So, my Saturday night looked like this photo. I watched the U of L game, and the inability to pull it together for the win again Clemson, and then I talked with several friends on the phone, including my little sister who I haven't talked with in weeks.

I even drank a beer. It's been a while since I've had one of those.

Now I am wondering why my life has to be so busy. I wish I had hobbies and interests beyond work, so I could flee the 9 to 5 (okay, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.) on the weekends to do what I want to do. But, truth is, I usually have to work.

It's Columbus Day...that's why I see space and horizons in this post. I could take Saturday off because I knew I have today and tomorrow. Having such freedom, however, is mischievous, because I start thinking about what else I want to do. Had I been out in the retail world, I probably would have spent a fortune -- my brain was that open for the emancipated evening to let be, what would be.

Instead, I simply chilled on the couch...watched college football...drank a beer, and talked with others. That is not a usual use of time for me. I will chalk it up as an achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment