Monday, June 23, 2014

Hey Diddle Diddle, The Higher Intelligence of the Doodle - as seen on CBS Sunday Morning

Yesterday, I had a throwback to my migraine days and was inhibited from being productive most of the day. I started out alright - saw this great piece on CBS Sunday Morning which is totally in line with how I construct my thinking and listening - and went for a run. When I returned, I was paralyzed. It's been several years since I've had head pain like I had. I am still unsure if it was a bug, stress, or sinus reacting to the blooming Cottonwoods. All I know is that I was hit over the head with a shovel.

Still, I knew I wanted to post this clip from the news because it is a story I want to share with teachers, students, and friends for some time. In fact, when the National Writing Project asked me to contribute a reflection for 40 for Forty - a shoutout of four decades of their work - my first attempt was a doodle. It's how my mind works and I encourage the creativity at every corner with my student writers.

Happy Monday, too. Great soccer last night, although Portugal's last goal came upsettingly late.
Here's to the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment