Saturday, August 16, 2014

Brilliant Campaign. Thumbs up for motivating a digital generation with ice, humor, and a good cause.

This has been a rough few weeks and when I returned home to Connecticut yesterday afternoon, I learned I was challenged to do the ALS ice-bucket challenge and, with a sense of adventure and humor, I thought, "Why not?"

I have to give a special shout-out to the organizers of this campaign as I've witnessed for over a month now, various social media celebrating the ice-plunge of multiple people.

I didn't want my name called, but when it was, I was happy to join the community of others.

The brilliance of this campaign comes from the need for all of us to be silly, to give back, to join in the competition, and to enjoy the summer months. I am impressed by the creative movement that this has caused (and imagine there will be copy-cot strategies, although I imagine they will fail because we love innovation).

Bravo. We need such human spirit as the world, once again, begins to unravel in its daily chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment