Saturday, August 9, 2014

And He Said Good By To Summer For Now

It's not always easy to leave, especially when you're used to a routine and you create a semblance of purpose in the work that you're doing. Yet, I departed CWP-Fairfield on its last day so I could get a partial vacation experience (although I scored portfolios all day on 'my day off).

I did, however, depart. I left to cross the Long Island Sound to get away from the hustle and bustle of the last 365 days and to sever a tie to all my normalcy.

I know. I know. I am a bit of a work-a-holic. The truth is, I depart only to find more work.

There's just too much to accomplish in any given lifetime.

And so I'm in Amagansett, most of the summer work is graded, my administrative assistant is taking a week off, and we're collecting items to auction off for the benefit. I've had two days of a solid six-mile run and all my technology is in tact. On Sunday, we host the Hoops4Hope event and I do my part for my cousin that I can.

I'm with relatives and they've cooked delicious meals - I'm reminded what it's like to eat in the company of others. And it is beautiful here. The beaches, the bays, the forests, the sky, the waves, everything. It is one piece of summer nirvana in the United States. I feel fortunate to experience it.

Still, I keep thinking there's more to get done. In the skylines of the United States, there are more dreams to be fulfilled and more destinations to be reached.

I can't help but look to the sky as an omen that my flight hasn't delivered me to the next locations to nest. There's more to be done: new horizons, new destinations, new goals, and new accomplishments.

I feel very fortunate to have had the experiences that I've had, but I wonder what's "next," if anything. I'm enjoying the tranquil waters, but recognize there's always more to the grandiose landscape of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment