Monday, January 13, 2014

A lot of us need advice every now and again - I get mine from Kermit the Frog, thank you very much.

Ellen Israel, my administrative assistant, held a social on Saturday evening for the high school seniors she's been tutoring throughout the year with advice for getting into college and for crafting the exceptional college essay. As party goers departed, she handed everyone a special gift picked out just for them and I received Wisdom from It's Not Easy Being Green and Other Things to Consider by Jim Henson. This, of course, was the perfect gift for amphibians in 2014. Some of my favorite nuggets are,
[Kids] don't remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are. 
Simple is good. 
Life is meant to be fun, and joyous, and fulfilling. 
I believe that we form our own lives, that we create our own reality, and that everything works out for the best.
I know I drive some people crazy with what seems to be ridiculous optimism, but it has always worked out for me.
When I was a tadpole there was really only one thing I collected. I had a file of newspaper and magazine articles on Frogs in Show Business. It was a small collection, but I think it influenced me a lot (Kermit).
And,
Kermit's function on this show is very much like my own in that he's trying to hold together this group of crazies. And that's not unlike what I do. ~ Jim Henson
All we need in our lives is a few muppets and lot of imagination. Everything else will fall into place... 

No comments:

Post a Comment