Friday, February 14, 2014

You are dressed very bright today, Bryan. Um, I've changed twice. Damn snow. Seriously?

I woke up at 6 am. It wasn't snowing yet and began an hour later. I sat at my laptop and began writing recommendations. At 11, I said, "Okay, I have an hour space here before the freezing rain begins." I went out to tackle the driveway and  completed 3/4 of the 12 inches of snow with a snowblower when the ice began, but I was ahead of it. It stopped icing and raining around 3, so I went outside, during the mist, and scraped the driveway clean.

I sprinkled salt. I exhaled. I live on a steep driveway.

Reentering my home, however, required a change of clothes each time, and then I spilled a glass of wine on the third outfit while talking to my little sister who fell while playing Natalie Komenichi on gym equipment at her son's school (she sprained her ankle and went to urgent care). I changed again and threw on first items I could find - a sweatshirt from my undergraduate days and a pair of sweats from my dissertation days. No. You're right: orange, purple, and green don't go together, but they're pajamas and the storm wiped me out and I just wanted to go to bed (Wait...is that thunder? What? Another 8 inches are possible?).

Then Weijing comes downstairs, sees me, and says, "Whoa. You are dressed bright today. I like the outfit."

I said, "I'm going to bed."

She says, "No, that looks really good together. You should wear that more often."

This winter is making all of us crazy.

And it's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment