Sunday, March 23, 2014

The human body is amazing, but snot has no functional purpose.

It never fails. When I have a little down time (a weekend, at least) and it's spring break (although I have to work every day this week), my body collapses and I get sick. I did what I was supposed to do and rested all day yesterday, drank ginger ale and orange juice, and nursed the cold, but the only entertainment yesterday was blowing my nose.

And the Syracuse loss, but that made me feel worse. I was far from entertained. I simply was frustrated and disappointed.

Looks like today will be another day under the blankets and with closed eyes because I really need this goobledy-gook to be gone by Monday. The next three weeks are a marathon and I need my pep, my step, and my energy.

And the thing I hate most with congestion is the inability to run. Each and every day I can't move I feel more miserable and guilty. I want to sweat the crud out. Instead, as I move about, I realize how light headed I actually am. This is, perhaps, a non-creative, boring post. So, perhaps I should sculpt a Rose Bowl Parade float with my used tissues. That would work, but I don't have the energy.

Sigh. (blows nose)(aches)(worries)

No comments:

Post a Comment