Thursday, May 1, 2014

Elephant Shoe. If only everyone whispered that to themselves in the mirror before they started the day.

It's raining. It's been raining for a couple of days.
It's raining/The skies are gray/I think I'll smile/for another day.
I'm channeling my inner optimist and thinking about one of my favorite students of all times who taught me to whisper "elephant shoe" to myself in the mirror. The words became a mantra for my teaching in Kentucky and lately I've been thinking about how important it is to spread it to others.

If only everyone embraced themselves in the morning and whispered "elephant shoe" to kick-off their day. Why? Because it begins with the self. We first must love the person we are before we can set out into the world and love what we're doing.

It warms the soul for crappy days like this (when the heat is still on in May).

AND when it's Thursday, your day is loaded with meetings you'd rather not attend, it can occupy the time as a distraction for all the pointless conversations you're forced to hear. It is a reminder that what you really love awaits you when the workday is through.

Elephant Shoe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment