Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hello. My Name is Elder Crandall. And I'd Like To Share With You The Most Amazing Book

Okay.

My friends in Milford texted me today to say they wanted me to return their CD, The Book of Mormon. They told me I had to listen to it a year ago and, to be honest, I've been listening to it for a year. I love it. At first I was offended (in a good way) by the lyrics of most of the songs, but I quickly learned that the score and music with Matt Stone and Trey Parker's mind was simply brilliant. There's no other words for it.

"Um, yes. I have your CD. Yes, Yes. I copied it. I know, I know. It's been a year. I've actually had it in my car to give to you, but every time I forget. I am serious. You can have it back. Yes, I know you want it for road trips. I'd want it for road trips, too."

Shucks. Guilt got the best of me and I instantly returned the CD. Now my life goal is to see the creativity in action one of these days. Even seeing this Oscar clip has me intrigued - as my mind has painted a different scenario for the entire script based on the music.

But tickets in NYC are outrageous still and the traveling show hasn't come to the area.

It will happen though. It must happen. And if you haven't listened to the score, please do. Be prepared. It's something.

And I love it.

Bye Bye, borrowed CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment