Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Ebb and Flow of CWP-Fairfield Work ~ Still Haven't Found The Time of the Year When Work Lessens

I am entitled to complete whining at least once or twice a month. Today, I can do that. Why? I forgot my computer charger at work, several reports are due in just over a week, Tuesdays are my long day and I won't get home from work until 10 p.m. tonight, and I'm already fried.

It's only the day after Monday and not even hump day yet.

Of course, in this line of work I need every moment of my weekend to catch up on the time I lose during the week for meetings. Seriously, my life has become a series of meetings that go on and on and resolve nothing. I think that educated people meet simply to report they've been meeting. The meetings make them feel alive and like they have a purpose. Um...news flash...rarely are they purposeful.

Alas, there's no time to gripe for too long. I need to get to work to make up for all I lost last night without a laptop chord. It may have been divine intervention to tell me to chill out (which I didn't because I read, worked on my iPad, and planned the old fashion way - on paper).

So, I will remain calm. It's the least I can do. I know, too, from experience that tonight will be the night I won't be able to sleep. My mind won't shut off from teaching.

Wa wa wa wa. I sound like a tired brat at a grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment