Friday, December 5, 2014

It is official: Today's post is abnormal because I don't have time to think about it.

There's no way to keep up with the pace of a conference - #LRA14. I've been up since 7 a.m., worked, run, ate breakfast, worked some more, planned, attended sessions, worked even more, discussed, thought, collaborated, and worked even more.

Then, before I know it, it is midnight and I have to begin the pace all over again.

The thing is, I usually am conscientious about writing my blog ever night. I've been doing this for 7 years. Well, the truth is, "I can't keep up with my own thoughts at these conferences."

What I can keep up with, however, is the fact that I'm thinking a lot - the good, the bad, and the ugly. I have a lot to say, but not enough time to process any of it.

So, in the mean time, I'm trying to keep calm and hold my tongue (although at last night's Town Hall meeting, I couldn't hold my tongue for long).

Sometimes, I feel totally creeped out by the occupation I chose for myself and the hypocrisy that comes with it. It's not that it's shameful, but it does point fingers and the how wrong it all is. It's my post from the other night: How can we justify what we pay for these 20 minute sessions given the realities of the communities we work with?

I can't live with myself knowing this truth. It's wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment